When is the NDIS coming to you?
In South Australia, people have been entering the NDIS by age group:
- children aged up to 14 years were the first to enter the scheme in South Australia, beginning in July 2013;
- then young people aged between 15 and 17 years started entering on 1 January 2017;
- and now the NDIS becomes available in stages for adults aged 18 to 64 years, starting from 1 July 2017 with timing depending on where you live.
If you are already receiving specialist disability support services, you will continue with your existing supports until you transition to the NDIS.
The NDIS will be available in these regions from these dates
from 1 July 2017 in:
- Northern Adelaide (Playford, Salisbury, Port Adelaide Enfield — East)
- The Barossa, Light and Lower North
from 1 October 2017 in:
- North Eastern Adelaide (Tea Tree Gully)
- The Murray Mallee
- Limestone Coast
from 1 January 2018 in:
- Southern Adelaide
- Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island
- The Yorke Peninsula and Mid North
- Far North
- The Eyre Peninsula and West
from 1 April 2018 in:
- Western Adelaide (including Port Adelaide Enfield — West)
- Adelaide Hills
- Eastern Adelaide.